Monday, June 25, 2012

A Letter Addressed to You

Dear You, 
     I thought that I would write you a proper letter, since it will be a few weeks before I see you again. 
I am going to the rustic land of the rolling green hills and the cobblestone streets and the rain that escapes from the sky without warning
     This past week, more than anything--more than the stress I have felt over packing or the excitement I have felt over going abroad for the first time--I have felt grateful. 
     I am grateful for you, and for this adventure, and for all of the people who I have met through my past travels. They have become my best friends and my inspiration, my home that is not stationary. It is the most wonderful feeling, to have so many people who I love, spread all around the country. Someday soon, they will be spread all around the world. 
     I will be in Scotland from June 26th through July 26th, and I will have limited computer access, so I have scheduled some posts for the month while I'm gone. Keep checking back--I hope that you enjoy them!
     The good news is that, when I come back, I will have stories and adventures to share, both through pictures and words. I can't wait to share them with you. 
     Love, 
     Abby

2 comments:

  1. We are anxiously awaiting to hear back from you of your adventures in the land of the Scots. There is just one question that burns so much I have to ask it now. Did you try haggis pie while you were there? Perhaps you were not brave of heart enough to subject your stomach to such an unfamiliar delicacy, but pray do tell if you did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't try actual haggis because I'm vegetarian, but I did try vegetarian haggis, which is supposed to taste almost exactly the same (although it requires a lot less bravery!). Vegetarian haggis was delicious. My fellow group members all tried actual haggis and loved that, too.

      Delete